Friday 26 July 2013

Shades of blue

I'm a hoarder.

I've lived mostly in grayscale throughout my adolescence years, ever since I fell in love with My Chemical Romance (I ain't ashamed! Ok maybe a little bit). Even when my obsession with them faded, I continued on with my sombre fashion sense.

But this summer, the winds have changed. I'm bored of black and white. Suddenly, the idea of going out looking like an orange, tomato or a tube of ultramarine blue paint seems enticing.

It took me a while to realise that I've bought way too many blue clothes. All but one of these items were purchased this year!

Left to right, top to bottom:
blazer by Michael Kors, shorts by Hollister, silk shirt by Diane von Furstenberg
shorts by Hollister, shirt by Cotton On, tote by Furla
t-shirt by zara, skirt by H&M, maxi skirt by Soprano




I'll probably go back to my colourless wardrobe in the wintertime - you can still add a lot of interest to your outfit by contrasting different textures - but injecting a bright pop of colour is really refreshing right now.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment