Monday 29 July 2013

Fresh basil pasta

We recently bought some basil from the farmer's market to grow ourselves.

Now I can pretend to be Jamie Oliver and pluck things fresh from the little patch of soil in front of our house! SO gourmet, daaahhling.



I've always used dried basil for the Easiest Pasta Ever, but I wanted to try it with fresh basil.





The Easiest Pasta Ever is made with heavy cream, shredded parmesan, lots and lots of basil, salt and pepper. I just dump the freshly cooked pasta onto everything else and let it sit for a while before mixing.

Verdict: I didn't use enough basil! But by the time I'd realised this I couldn't be bothered to get some more.

Yea I'm lazy. Why am I so lazy? I don't know.

I tried to pick some fresh basil again a week later, but there was a wasp outside so I resorted to dried basil. Oh well... there's always next time!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment