Wednesday 20 October 2010

Take the C1 from White City

I like to take long bus rides. It forces me to sit there and reflect, and at the same time, observe the random things that we may pass by whilst being in my own world. I'm a great believer in having time to oneself; there's no need to smile when you don't feel like it, to make pointless conversation. In fact, I even feel cheated when I get home too soon. Yes call me emo if you like! Social withdrawal is my indulgence of choice.

Btw, my friends bought me the Sound Asleep pillow for my bday.
Sweet, right?
It's alright... not as good as I expected, but for £15 it's definitely good value for money. On the website it says that only you can hear the sounds, "meaning your partner can sleep in peace". Errr not really. To turn the volume up to an acceptable level it pretty much becomes a loudspeaker stuffed into a pillow. And I can kind of feel it inside if I sleep on one of the sides. Still, I have no partner right now so it's not a problem!

So what do I listen to when I go to bed?
Lately I got an iPod Touch. Not the newest one though; I got it for free when I bought a macbook pro. Hehe. Anyways, there are a plethora of white noise apps out there but I've been using White Noise by TMSOFT. I've only got the free Lite version cause I'm a cheapass, but it's sufficient. You can mix different sounds together; I always use my saved mix of rain, thunder and white noise. You can also set the length of time for which you want the sounds to play, so that it can then fade away after you've fallen asleep. There's also an alarm function.

Me and my friends are a bit iLoopy. Seriously, we never chat anymore cause we're all too busy playing stupid games.
All in all, sleeping's not really a problem nowadays, and I don't have to sleep with earphones on for the whole night and run the risk of strangling myself. Of course, I'm still wearing earplugs on noisy public transport and to clubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment