Wednesday 30 November 2011

Thanksgiving Loot

Since Thanksgiving pretty much consists of stuffing yourself with rich food and going crazy with shopping these days, it doesn't feel like my first time celebrating it. It just feels like I'm welcoming an old friend, and it's about darn time you showed up, pal!

Many shops were open before it was even midnight... I'm just glad I didn't do something dangerous like go to Walmart and fight for a two dollar waffle iron. We went to the Houston Premium Outlets instead.



Lo and behold, there was a Wedgewood store! I bought a teacup and saucer in the Lady Carlyle pattern for around $16 USD... it would have cost over $40 full price. They were out of stock for the saucer though, so it's getting sent to my apartment.

The hollyberry candle from Fringe Studio smells amazing, but I have a feeling it's an item from last year's collection as I can't find it online anymore... it's a shame since I would have loved to stock up on more of them.







My sister and her boyfriend both snatched up boxers from Gap with candy cane and snowmen prints... obviously I had to get my hands on them too. They make for some seriously cute pajama shorts.



I also got a silk shirt from Theory for $37... gotta love a good bargain, though I don't see myself wearing it any time soon. Speaking of which, I don't know why I've ended up with so many white clothes... it's not really a wise choice for clumsy people like me.



I also wanted to buy a bag from Kate Spade but had to refrain, as I'd bought a digital piano online... It's been months since I've played piano (i.e. too f*cking long) so I cannot wait to get it!

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I'm sure everyone's holiday spirit will snowball (see what I did there?) rapidly into Christmas. Don't you just love the the end of every year? It's time to start reflecting on 2011: the decisions we made, the people we met, the friendships we maintained and the family members we got to know better. x

No comments:

Post a Comment